Thursday, May 29, 2014

Morning musings 5/29/14

Ecclesiastes 3:11 " He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end."


           




  This morning after my Bible reading, morning meditation and devotion, I again looked to nature for strength, awareness, and clarity.  This Gardenia that I planted only weeks ago gave me the gift of flowering.  Oh how I remember the sweet smell that reminds me of  my childhood home.  It also brings me back to the home we had in Moss Point, MS.  Remembering the large bush outside that I had threatened to cut down when we moved there because it was an eye sore and the beauty of the summer blooms added with the sweet aroma that filled our home for weeks as it bloomed.

 Gifts of the garden continued to flow as I dug a hole for a placenta from a sweet squishy baby boy I had the honor of catching yesterday.  Buried beneath the earth, God's sweet earth, I hit something hard rather quickly.  I  saw the shine and it took me a second to see what treasure I had unearthed.  A tray that has a story of it's own that I will never know.  To some it may seem rather crazy to treasure such a thing but, to me it was yet another gift.  See, in my prayers this morning I prayed for clarity and also for insight to continue to see the beauty within all things.  Being able to enjoy the simplest things is part of what brought me to begin this journey into wholeness anyway.   To me this tray represents the desire in my heart to enjoy the beauty of all things both seen and unseen.  It further reminds me that we do not know the treasures that lie within, how close they are to being found, and how easily they can be forgotten.


It continues to warm my spirit the joy that comes in the morning.  The joy in each breath because they are not promised to any of us, the joy to see a nursling child at peace at his mother's breast, the joy of a hug from a "true" friend, the peacefulness of a brook in a quiet forest, the joy of a job well done, and a journey well.
 I also think today of the earth living of our now ancestor Grandmother Dr. Maya Angelou.  Her words I carry with me always.  I remember our Phenomenal woman contest we did during our first "Dream Big Diva" summer camp just more than three summers ago when they all learned the poem, recited it, and explained why they themselves were phenomenal women.  Oh a gift and legacy she leaves.   I pray she journeys well.

May not look like much to you but, it was a true beauty of a gift to me.


1 comment: